Featured Post

MABUHAY PRRD!

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Expat married to Pinay baffled by need for house maid

Why does my wife need a live-in maid that is a relative that we do not pay?

I got married to a Filipina and this was the first thing that she wanted to do, have a relative work as a maid for us for free. We had a big argument. We have no kids and I really thought it was wrong to not pay a person for working.

I was really surprised when I talked about this at my University here in the Philippines, nearly everyone agreed with my wife and told me that it is the best way to take care of poor family members. I was shocked. My wife and I finally came to agreement that made everyone mad, if we get an live in maid. We will pay her fair wages and she will have two days off a week.

My wife has now decided to do all the household chores with me rather than have me pay for a maid.

http://grpshorts.blogspot.be/2017/05/expat-married-to-pinay-baffled-by-need.html

No comments: