Featured Post

MABUHAY PRRD!

Thursday, August 4, 2016

ROBREDO: IF ELECTED VICE PRESIDENT OF DUTERTE, I WILL IMMEDIATELY RESIGN MY POST

ROBREDO: IF ELECTED VICE PRESIDENT OF DUTERTE, I WILL IMMEDIATELY RESIGN MY POST

image.jpeg
Robredo (JOHN JEROME GANZON)
CEBU CITY, Philippines – Vice presidential candidate and Camarines Sur 3rd district Representative Leni Robredo said that it would be difficult to work with presidential candidate Rodrigo Duterte, the current survey front-runner for president, if he should win.
“I accepted the Liberal Party’s vice presidential nomination because I was assured by President Aquino that Mar Roxas and myself will win as a tandem — as president and vice president, respectively.”
“Duterte and I are the exact opposites and I don’t see working with him even remotely possible.”
With those words, Robredo said that if Duterte becomes president and she is elected vice president, she would resign from her post on the first day in office.
What happens if the office of the vice president is vacant?
According to the 1987 constitution, the next in line to the vice president is the president of the Senate, followed by the speaker of the House of Representatives.
The only way Senator Bongbong Marcos or any of the vice presidential losers can succeed Robredo is for them to become Senate president.
All the vice presidential contenders, except Robredo, are incumbent senators.
https://adobochronicles.com/2016/05/01/robredo-if-elected-vice-president-of-duterte-i-will-immediately-resign-my-post/

No comments: