Featured Post

MABUHAY PRRD!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Father’s debts getting bigger because of GSIS

My daughter Elda Marcaida Gendrano died on Jan. 12, 2009. Sometime in the latter part of 2009, we filed our claim for funeral benefits, proceeds of life insurance and survivor’s benefits.

When we filed the claims with the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS), we were advised that Elda had a salary loan. Being a poor teacher with a meager salary, she had to resort to salary loans. The GSIS said that the loan should first be paid before the claim could be processed. We incurred a lot of medical expenses for Elda’s hospitalization, so we requested that the loan be just deducted from the proceeds of her benefits. GSIS rejected our request and said that the loan should first be paid.

So I was forced to mortgage our house, and with the accumulating interest the loan has ballooned. The longer I wait for the payment of Elda’s benefits, the more interest I have to pay. I am now 79 years old and I am so sickly. My medical expenses are getting bigger. Simply put, I need the money very badly.

GSIS president Robert Vergara, please help me.

EDGAR A. GENDRANO,

2554 Martinez Compound,

Valenzuela City

No comments: