Featured Post

MABUHAY PRRD!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Heaping Of Praises For What?

Sir Ralph,

With due respect and begging for your indulgence, Lazir would dare say:

The heaping of praises for the first is uncalled for, even foul if you will, for the simple reason that it smacks in similarity to Quiambao's (wrongdoing) heaping promotion/medal after promotion/medal upon Paras reportedly because Quiambao's son stayed in the Paras household for many months, eventually getting Belgian citizenship (?), like some others (for cash or kind?), again reportedly thru some questionable Paras' reported machinations with some of his boys being with the Philippine consulate (consulate in small letters because it shrunk in meaning!).

Isn't Guansing, the incumbent Regional Commander (kuno?) working in a Phil. consulate in Belgium? Can Guansing categorically say in public that he didn't ABUSE his consular position, giving Paras or anyone any favor? (If Guansing remains SILENT for 1 week, he could be guilty, or?)

Would have been Rizalian of Quiambao to keep his gratitude just to himself, without using the KOR as conveyance to lift Paras like a rocket, merely because of Quiambao's reported "hold" on Supreme Council (how true is this?) from the time Paras joined KOR! (If FAKE Paras could get KGOR in so short a time, how come Dr Sir Fritz Hack-Ullmer and his brother, Dr Sir Hans Hack-Ullmer didn't get KGCR nor Pro Patria for DONATING the priceless ULLMER Collection to the Philippine gov't?)

The heaping of praises for the second is alright because you didn't get a promotion owing to your being a San Beda alumnus but due to the proper weighing in and considerations of merit!

The Supreme Commander shouldn't have to look at proximity but MERIT, in his duty to uphold the Rizalian ideas/ideals and KOR objectives, if he wants to be seen and remembered in history as such.

Long live the KOR Supreme Commander who knows his duties and responsibilites very well!

In Dr Jose Rizal...

for country and people!

:)
Lazir


From: Ralph Bunag ...@hotmail.com>
Date: 14.10.2010 19:35
Subject: RE: [KOR World] Watch for Lazir's next e-mail titled: WHY SAMUELA IS IGNORANT OF THE LAW...

TO ALL MY BELOVED BROTHERS & SISTERS IN RIZALISM,

With your indulgence, please allow me, once more, to use this venue to pay tribute to two other great Rizalists whom I admire and respect the most. If you still remember, I already paid tribute to our immediate past KOR Canada Regional Commander, Sir Camiling Silverio, KGCR, in my previous e-mails sent through this medium. I will now dwell on two other most outstanding personalities in our Order of the Knights of Rizal, to wit: (1) SIR REV. DR. NEIL PARADO, KGOR, KOR Area Commander for Western Canada, and (2) SIR DR. PABLO TRILLANA 111, KGCR, KOR SUPREME COMMANDER.

First, I would like everybody to know that we have been praying for the fast recovery of our dearest friend, Brod Neil Parado, from his illness. We hope you continue doing exactly the same thing. It was in the early 70's when I first met the then MONSIGNOR CORNELIO PARADO in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, where he was assigned as such by the CBCP. The second day from our arrival as immigrants in Winnipeg, he invited my family for a lunch in a flashy restaurant along Broadway Blvd., center of Winnipeg City. He told me that we have a common friend, a priest from San Beda College where I finished law, who told him that I was very active in the Propagation of the Faith Movement in San Beda College during my school days. It was also Brod Neil Parado who blessed my business by volunteering to be my first client when I entered my own business since I could not get a job both in the government and in the private sectors for being "OVER QUALIFIED WITH NO CANADIAN EXPERIENCE".

Likewise, it was my dear friend, brod Neil Parado, who extended his indispensable assistance to me when, in 1974, I introduced to the people of Winnipeg City the Santacruzan-Flores de Mayo which became the biggest event in the Filipino community in that city. It was also the then Monsignor Neil Parado who sponsored me to the Knights of Columbus, Norwood Council, in Winnipeg City.

Even these past years, every time I visit my in-laws in Winnipeg, brod Neil Parado always picked me up to visit some of our common friends. There are still countless and unforgettable incidents which I need not mention here for lack of space. Last, but not the least, is our current KOR Supreme Commander, SIR DR. PABLO TRILLANA 111, KGCR. At first, I thought that Atty. Pablo Trillana 111 was ahead of me at San Beda College of Law when he was elected delegate to the Philippine Constitutional Convention. He enjoyed a "BIG NAME" during our college days and that gave me the impression that he was senior to us. It was only during the last U.S.A. KOR Assembly in Las Vegas (September 3-5, 2010) that I came to realize by his biography that his being so popular during our college days was due to his being the most outstanding student . In fact, he graduated as SUMMA CUM LAUDE and a bar topnotcher (2nd placer, among the more than 5,000 law graduates that took that bar exams).

But being a fellow Bedan does not give anyone a passport to promotion in the Order of the Knights of Rizal. This was proven during the last U.S.A. KOR Regional Assembly in Las Vegas. I was one of those nominated for promotion to KGOR but, I did not get it. It is like saying: "TINIMBANG KITA, NGUNIT KULANG". I did not feel bad about it. On the contrary, our current Supreme Commander proved that he is very fair, no favoritism. So, instead of feeling frustrated about it, I now look upon him as a man of honor with unquestionable character and integrity.

I am much prouder of him than before. I was deeply touched by the genuine gesture shown by my fellow Bedan, Sir Dr. Pablo Trillana 111, KGCR, when, after the picture taking of him with my wife, Marilyn, and myself which my good friend, Sir Lito Gajilan, Jr. of New York City, graciously arranged, our Supreme Commander faced my wife and with his two hands holding her two shoulders said to her "Please take good care of my dear fellow Bedan and cumpanero, Sir Ralph Bunag, for both of us". He is so caring and sincere but his personal feelings towards a Bedan like him cannot influence him when it comes to KOR promotions.

A million thanks and GOD bless you all and all your loved ones.

NON OMNIS MORIAR.

Sincerely yours in Rizal,

SIR RALPH M. BUNAG, KCR, & LADY MARILYN BARREDO BUNAG
Facebook site: GINGGING BARREDO BUNAG
Mississauga City, Ontario, Canada L5N 4T1

No comments: